Monday, September 28, 2009

Success

I thought I had a pretty good tan on my forearms, but most of it came off in the shower.  So much for looking like a sun-beaten traveler.

Duke and I made it across the mountains and back.  We were gone six days and five nights – four nights camped out on the trail, and one night camped along the road while hitchhiking back to the truck.  No injuries to man or dog except sore feet.  I kept a journal while in the mountains, and I’ll spend the next few days converting my notes to blog entries, then post them in several installments.  So the next few entries will describe the hike across the Wyoming and Salt River Ranges.

Now I’m going the Green River Bar for a burger and some Pabst Blue Ribbon.  I didn’t get showered up for nothin.'

Duke and I after we got back to the truck.  He's wearing my sock because of a sore paw.





A Google Earth image of our approximate route through the mountains, viewed from the east.  The closest mountains are part of the Wyoming Range; the further set are in the Salt River Range.  I actually started hiking in the plain, east of where this map picks up.  Total hiking distance was somewhere around 45 miles.




1 comment:

  1. Badass son! I've never taken it off trail before. Now I want to.

    ReplyDelete

Get more followers